This is an AI Driven Automated QA Inspection solution for Component Identification and Defect Detection during the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) component assembly. With growing pressure on PCB suppliers to stay relevant & provide the best quality products, it leaves no scope for any imperfection or rework due to defects being neglected, which is quite possible during manual inspection due to the micro size of the components. Hence our tool enables defect detection at each stage of PCB batch processing avoiding post manufacturing rejection cost completely.
The solution enables PCB manufacturers speed up the QA process using our AI Powered Inspection tool that leverages cameras for component identification & defect detection. The tool is built using the following AI & Deep learning techniques:
- Object Detector
- U – Net
Supplemented by Vision Analytics
The tool is also powered with the following Computer Vision techniques:
- Thresholding & Morphological Operations
- Template Matching
- Background Subtraction
- SSIM for Structural Similarities
- Correlation Filters
100% Cloud Based
- 24×7 global access and eliminating the concern of either software or hardware maintenance: Significant cost savings and greater flexibility
- Scalability-on-demand through adding more Graphical Processing Units (GPUs) with 100% uptime
Our AI visual inspection solution with the latest deep learning algorithm is capable of real-time inspection, identification, labelling and classification of PCB defects. The solution includes Cameras, lenses and an AI & Vision Analytics supported web portal. It identifies each component on the board and detects any defect during the assembling process itself.
Key Features of the Product:
- Barcode Reading & PCB Identification
- Component Segmentation & Classification
- Defect Detection & Classification
- Component Assembly Verification
- Component Presence or Absence Detection
- OCR for Component Information Capture
For PCB Manufacturers, defect detection is critical to ensure the finest quality products are delivered to their customer. PCB assembly is a complex process, and there are possibilities of defects occurring in the process, therefore rigorous inspection is paramount.