Accelerating Software Delivery With DevOps
Better collaboration, communication and integration
Enhanced operational knowledge into design phase
Create high-quality releases through automation
Enable continuous feedback
Provide automated environments
Continuous Integration Environment
- Tech Vedika follows continuous integration (CI) based delivery process.
- Automated build-deploy-test environment is setup using Jenkins.
- Automated unit tests are incorporated into the Jenkins environment.
- On weekly basis and at end of sprint, deploy to QA environment and tester manually runs system tests.
- Once approved by testers in QA environment and then by the customers in pre-production, the working software is released for production.
DevOps tools used for Project Tracking
- Source Code Management
- Tech Vedika uses SubVersion (SVN) for source code management.
- The development team updates the code changes daily to the SVN project.
- The SVN server is backed up regularly, hosted with secured public URL.
- Customer is given access for code review.
- API Documentation
- API documentation is managed using Swagger tool.
- Implemented Swagger integration for multiple technology platforms e.g. PHP, Java, NodeJS.
- Build and Deployment Automation
- Tech Vedika uses Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Jenkins jobs are built for each project for build and deployment automation.
- Build automation includes technologies e.g. Server (Java / PHP / NodeJS), Web, Mobile (native iOS, Android & Hybrid).
- Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Test Automation
- Web applications are automated using Selenium tool.
- Mobile iOS and Android are managed using Appium / Robotium tools.
- In-house setup available with OpenSTF framework (Device Farm).